Inspiration for Designers Block

It's been a while since I've posted in this blog. I've been busy with some projects lately and I just came back from a very long Christmas vacation. Right after I got back from my vacation, I was faced with a lot of deadlines at the office and some projects. I had to work twice as hard just to meet the deadlines in the office, but what bothered me most was the deadline for the design of one of our residential projects.

We only had a week left and my brother and I still haven't finalize our design proposal. What made things worst was I had a hard time coming up with a design maybe because I still had a hangover from my long vacation. No matter how hard I try to come up with a design I couldn't even come up with a concept.

So I looked for inspirations in the net, thankfully I bumped into this website which featured a lot of incredible designs which made my mind start to work again. This was probably one of the best website I saw as a good source for architectural designs. It features a lot of Architects and designers and showcases their design in their website. The site is actually a magazines website and what I really liked about their site is that it is very easy to browse it. Trendir is the brand of the magazine and it has a lot of valuable sources for design trends. Another website I frequently visit is Architectural Record website.

Thanks to these two websites I was able to come up with a design concept to present to the client. All I need to worry right now is to refine my design and think of the details for the design.

4 comments:

bollywood girls said...

i like your blog ....

bollywood girls said...

Thank u r information
website design New York City, web designer nyc, web site design, web design

Hels said...

How interesting that we should both come up with these blog similar titles, within 6 weeks of each other. Of course your blog is more about current architecture and mine is an art history blog, but that simply adds to the amount of information available.

I love the design for your latest residence. It reminds me very much of the Bauhaus residences designed by Gropius or Mies van der Rohe after they left Germany and arrived in the USA.

All the best
Hels
http://melbourneblogger.blogspot.com/

James said...

Hello Hels

First of all thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you like my design on this house. It's still under construction and I'm planning to place some pictures as soon as I'm done with the design of the interior.

I just recently visited your blog and I love your post on Le Corbusier and the Bauhaus. I really admire their works and even though they are already more than half a century old they still stand out among the rest of the designs today, giving inspiration to most of the architects today.

Archive