The Lego Apartment - Clever Design Solutions to Maximize Small Apartments

Back in college, our professors challenged us to design a fully functional cube house. As far as I could remember, the restriction was a 6m x 6m building footprint, and we could only half that area for our second floor.

As first-year architecture students, we had to crack our heads to fit all the furnishing inside the house. Looking back, I thought I was able to maximize all of the space in my design solution.

When I found a video on youtube, I realized that there is more than one solution to solving a problem. There are simple and straightforward solutions, and there are out-of-the-box clever solutions. 

One such design is the Lego Apartment by Architect Barbara Appolloni, which maximized every inch of the 24sqm apartment. Although the apartment has a small space, the designer managed to incorporate all the apartment's basic amenities and storage space while still maintaining a spacious interior. Had youtube been available back then, I would have gotten my inspiration from this video.

Check out the video and tell us your thoughts on his clever design.

No comments:

Post a Comment